Sunday 13 May 2012

Summer arrives!

A beautiful day yesterday after weeks of grey skies and rain, which wonderfully coincided with the unexpected removal of the winter ropes. Or at least it was unexpected for me, I'd got so used to them being there, that it took me a while to realise that something was different about the pond as I stood on the jetty. My first thought was "at last!", quickly followed by "oh, now I'll have to swim all the way round". The temperature was perfect though and I decided to stay in a bit longer after my lap. I don't know if the sun and ropes being out had a pyschological effect, but it really didn't feel that cold to me. The water had that lovely silky feeling and I didn't want to get out, nothing unusual about that though.
I'm looking forward to lots more sunny evening swims now. See you down there?







2 comments: